Pumpkin Bread II
Time: 1 hour
* 4 eggs
* 1 cups canola oil
* 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
* 3 cups sugar
* 3½ cups flour
* 1½ teaspoons baking soda
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 teaspoons ground allspice
* 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 1½ teaspoons nutmeg
* 2 tablespoon raw pumpkin seeds, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Butter and lightly flour 2 medium loaf pans (8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches).
3. Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine eggs, oil, pumpkin and sugar until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, soda, salt, allspice, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. With the machine on low speed, add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture in ¼-cup increments.
6. Scrape down the side of the bowl and mix for another 30 seconds or so, until all ingredients are well-combined.
7. Divide the mixture equally between the 2 loaf pans.
8. Sprinkle the top of each loaf with 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds.
9. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until a tester inserted into the center of each loaf comes out clean.
10. Allow loaves to cool in the pans for 5 to 10 minutes before unmolding, then allow loaves to cool on a wire rack to room temperature before cutting or wrapping.