Time: prep: 20 minutes
baking: ~90 minutes
Difficulty: Very Easy
* 1 small pumpkin
* Salt pinch, to taste
* Pepper pinch, to taste
* Butter tablespoon or so, to taste
1. Clean your pumpkin well, being careful to remove manure, dirt, etc. Chop off the stem.
2. Cook the cleaned pumpkin in a 375 °F oven for approx 45 minutes per 250g. A small pumpkin of less than 500g works best.
3. Remove pumpkin and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. During this time, take out sea salt, butter, and your pepper mill.
5. Chop pumpkin in half with cleaver, butcher knife, or kitchen hatchet.
6. Remove seeds and guts; roast seeds and discard the rest.
7. Separate the skin from the flesh.
8. Place hot pumpkin flesh in a food processor, along with salt, pepper, and butter to taste.
Notes, tips and variations
* If pumpkin is not soft when removed from oven, place back in for 10-15 minutes each time.
* An alternative if you have no food processor is to mash the pumpkin flesh by hand until nearly smooth.